SULTAN VIRTUAL ACADEMY
Virtual K-12 Public School
Sultan Virtual Academy is a free, online, K-12, public school based in Yavapai County. It is part of the Bagdad Unified school system and it offers full integration with the Mountain Institute Career and Technical Education (MICTED) program or in the Valley Academy for Career and Technology Education (VACTE) for high school students who are interested in vocational training.
Integration with Local Career & Technical Education Programs
High school students enrolled in SVA may co-enroll in the quad city’s Mountain Institute Career and Technical Education (MICTED) program or in the Valley Academy for Career and Technology Education in the Verde Valley. Through these courses, students can compete in today’s highly skilled workforce as they prepare for industry certification while earning college credits in diverse program areas. The flexible schedule and wide range of opportunities are some of the reasons families enjoy Sultan Virtual Academy.
Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold is in a unique partnership with Yavapai College, CTEC, offering a two year Mining Internship Program, including Diesel Technician, Electrical & Instrumentation Technology and Industrial Machine Mechanic. Click the button below to learn more.
Sultan Virtual Academy uses an elementary curriculum that is designed with built-in supports for students learning outside of the traditional classroom to provide a comprehensive digital learning experience.
Courses include a variety of learning activities and projects that leverage students’ natural curiosity to develop a lifelong love of learning.
High-Quality, Project-Based Curriculum
SVA delivers a high-quality curriculum that is project-based to help students train their thinking through these four elements (PLUS):
SVA’s course design includes the very best of high-impact instructional practices that are at the heart of successful online learning:
- Explicit instruction,
- Active learning
- Project-based learning
- Evaluation and reflection
All of these are combined in a skillful way to ensure that your student will be successful in a digital environment while excelling in learning to think and solve problems in real world scenarios.
Flexible, Modular, and Connected
- Complete anywhere anytime
- School resources are available for help when needed (during school hours).
- Customizable for student need
- Credit recovery is also an option
- Preparation for college academics
- Preparation and linkage to vocational training
- Online meetings help build a community of learners and teachers
- Real people connect with each student and know their academic needs.
- Dual enrollment opportunities
- Integration with Mountain Institute Career & Technical Education (MICTED) Program and Valley Academy for Career and Technology Education – Take a course online and then go to career & technical training at the MICTED or VACTE site.
- Parents can follow the pathways of learning and always be aware of how their students are doing and progressing.
- Skills for the future not only in education but in industry.